Product Review: Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw

5.0 out of 5 starsA great product from MAKITA

Overall this is a great reciprocating saw for everyday use, I am not a fulltime professional carpenter but after a lot of research and recommendations I would definitely recommend this saw, like many people I also considered the Milwaukee line and of course and Dewalt and even looked over some of the cheaper homeowner quality saws from Black & Decker as well as the Chicago Power line from Harbor Freight but felt this model provided the most power at the best value. The overall power is good. I was happy to find that even though this saw is now made overseas Makita maintains strict quality control over the manufacture of their products and I have had no issues with this saw.


The blade holder assembly on mine works as intended, it rotates until it locks in the open position, you then insert the blade and it snaps shut, locking the blade securely. Removal of the blade is just as quick and simple. The lack of an orbital action was not a consideration for me. Power-wise, the 11 amp rating is more than sufficient for my use and I feel, gives me a more controllable, more accurate cut than I might have with some of the higher amp saws out there. It also saves me the hassle of dragging out my larger, heavier extension cords. The balance and feel of this saw is very stable. The double wall molded case is a nice addition for a saw in this price range with room for holding plenty of blades and to leave a blade in the saw if that is your preference. 

Amazon Link: Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw