Product Review: Hilti 03482711 SID 18-a CPC Compact Impact Driver

2.2 out of 5 stars

Decent torque, poor battery life and no accessories

Initially I was excited to get my hands on this tool, Hilti is known in the industrial construction and masonry trades as the brand that can take a beating and keep working well but that was not what I found with this tool. My first observation is that you need to buy a kitted package if you want anything beyond a bare bones model, not even a belt hook or bit holder.  If you are a casual homeowner who hangs paintings, changes door handles, and maybe will assemble a premade arbor then unless you want to spend the money get a cheaper drill because if it is lightly used they can often last just as long as the more expensive drills.

This review is for the 18V version, granted Hilti has higher voltage models at this point with additional accessories but based on reputation I had hoped for more even from an 18V version.  Along with Bosch, the Hilti is one of the manufacturers you really don’t hear a lot of people complain about. Performance wise it had been working quite well for the past few months but all of the sudden as of last week it has started to hesitate in starting to drill and I can only now tell that it isn't as strong as it once was. All things considered though, it’s not bad and I am sure some improvements have been made but at this price point it’s hard for me to give it anything over two stars.