Product Review: Remington RM1025P Ranger 10-Inch 8 Amp 2-in-1 Electric Chain Saw/Pole Saw Combo




.0 out of 5 starsGreat for pruning small to medium size trees


I went with a corded saw for the weight and also the cost and usage - I may only need this 1-2x a year and was looking at a cost effective option that was reliable and durable... this fit the bill.  Really easy to use and maintain, after have a manual pole saw for years this one took me light years into the future.  It has a 10" bar and chain cutting surface and an 8 amp motor for driving the saw, to convert to a pole saw is very easy.  Essentially there is a plate goes that over the handle and safety trigger and then the saws functions are moved down the pole.  

Above all I felt comfortable with the balance and control I had with this saw.  I did utilize the adjustable upper pole to its full length ~10 feet and it's very east to extend with a flip clamp.  I'm a little cautious of the long term durability of the flip clamp to keep the arm extended out as it seems to just be a bit of friction holding it out there.


I recommend following the maintenance schedule which is really easy on this saw, to perform efficiently these blades do require regular tightening and sharpening. A simple chain tensioner is a bonus, as is an automatic chain oiler and you can sharpen with a small round file.  Great value for the cost.

Amazon Product Link: Remington RM1025P Ranger 10-Inch 8 Amp 2-in-1 Electric Chain Saw/Pole Saw Combo