Product Review: Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac, Red (250 mph Blower/Vac)

4.0 out of 5 starsGreat combo variable speed leaf blower/vacuum 

I decided to opt for this corded blower which lives up to its claims to reduce the amount of bags you'll need dramatically.  Very happy with this unit overall so far but the bag of the shoulder is a bit awkward when in use. It's really not a deal-breaker for me as the blower functions perfectly.  Switching out between the blower tools and the mulching tools is slightly less awkward. While much quieter than its sister gas powered units I've been around it's still pretty loud.  

This unit really does give you the best of both worlds.  The vacuum/mulcher worked better. It's best to not be too aggressive with the mulcher as the suction will stop and it will give you immediate feedback on this.  I'm surprised the mulcher blade does as well as it does actually as I've jammed mine quite a bit with rocks, sticks etc and it still comes right back to life after removing the debris.  

The vacuum 'nozzle' is very wide, I couldn't see trying to use this is any other situation other than vacuuming directly off the lawn.  The variable speed control is a great option, all of the other units I have ever owned are either 'on' or 'off', I didn't think I would use the speed control but surprisingly it has come in handy.  I'm very satisfied overall with this unit and if you can deal with the power cord you will not be disappointed.


Amazon Product Link: Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vac, Red (250 mph Blower/Vac)