Product Review: The North Face C759-03B Men Nuptse Jacket TNF BLACK

4.0 out of 5 starsGood compression and a very warm 700 fill jacket

Good for when the cold snaps hit here in Colorado, especially in the mornings.  It blocks the wind and keeps my core warm, actually it keeps it pretty hot! I really do not break this coat out too often as it is truly an oven in this thing especially if you're slightly active while wearing it.... I can't imagine wearing this skiing but it's great for around town.  Stated weight is 850 g (30 oz), this is certainly a heavier weight jacket from a benefits standpoint.


I was looking specifically for a 700 fill goose down insulation with a nylon weave fabric as it keeps the down from sticking together inside the jacket, The North Face has certified this to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) by Control Union.  I also read that this can zip into any North Face Triclimate's shell which is a nice benefit but honestly this coat performs great and is really on the cusp of being too warm for the most of the season.  I am 6' 1" and about 170lbs and the Large fit perfect.  Another great feature is that it is stowable into the chest pocket.  Great buy and while I do enjoy splurging on quality TNF tends to be overpriced.