Product Review: Pet Stain & Odor Miracle - Enzyme Cleaner for Dog and Cat Stains


4.0 out of 5 starsWorks amazingly well, should be recommended to ventilate room after spraying




A not so long story short is that I inherited a Persian cat that showed up with an attitude.  In the time I’ve owned him (or does he own me?) I’ve noticed he has a fair amount of behavioral issues including a fun trick where he likes to his business outside of the box on occasion and I get to play “WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!?”

I’ve used a plethora of cleaners to eliminate the odor and this enzyme cleaner has been the most reliable.  An enzyme cleaner comes in handy as it removes the stains left behind by pets as it can clean every type of stain from multiple surfaces. It is eco-friendly and it does break down the stain instead of just masking it for a short period of time. The product is non-toxic and while marketed as safe for use in a home with children and pets I would recommend using this product carefully and judiciously until you’re familiar with the effects.


I’ve noticed that even one spray in a 10’ x 10’ room leaves a strong cleansing odor and takes a good 10 minutes to dissipate.  The smell isn’t necessarily caustic but I did notice myself coughing the first time I used it in a room and didn’t immediately leave or ventilate/exhaust the fumes.  A fantastic product overall but I would recommend experimenting with the drying time and wearing appropriate protection as well as giving yourself a breather before occupying the room again after spraying.

Amazon Product Link: Pet Stain & Odor Miracle