Product Review: Bose QuietComfort 25 (QC25) Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

4.2 out of 5 stars Strong performing all around over ear headphones


The Bose QC25 are a nice step up from my previous Bose QC15’s and prior to that my QC3’s. I do not feel they are overwhelmingly better or worth an upgrade if you were happy with QC15. The QC25 sound a little better, are better built, and a little more convenient. These headphones are a smaller and more compact follow-up in the QuietComfort series. They offer a more compact design, comfortable cushy foam earpieces, a rechargeable battery, full sound, and effective noise-canceling circuitry and they fold up for storage in the included carrying case.

A number of years ago I had a problem with my pair of Bose QC3’s ‘squealing’ in my ear with an ear piercing feedback sound.  I reviewed the problem with Bose who did not offer much in the way of a solution other than to offer me a discount on a replacement.  Through some research I found that when the foam weakens or deteriorates over time it’s best to replace the ear cushion which helped immensely.  However based on that experience I was fairly turned off to Bose for a number of years. 


About four years ago I purchased the QC15 (predecessor to these headphones) and have not looked back.  The design of these headphones includes a microphone on the outside and on the inside of each earcup. The outside microphone detects outside noise. The inside microphone monitors what you are hearing and when it detects that the outside noise is present inside, the active noise-canceling circuits remove that noise. I also like that the earcups pivot and fold flat into a compact case so your headphones are well-protected during travel.  In all these QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones are the perform really well as an all around-ear headphone.