Product Review: Aspen QuikDraw PRO Medical Grade Back Brace for Lower Back Pain Relief

2.0 out of 5 starsPoor support, comfort and quality


Nobody looks like this guy, also why does Mr. Fitness even need a back brace?
Looking at the reviews this product appears to be very inconsistent among the sellers on amazon. The product I received from my spouse was not branded but this was the actual item she purchased under the Aspen Medical Products name.  Unless other reviewers are easily impressed there appears to be huge discrepancies in quality. I can only relay my experience with the product as it was received and worn.

With that in mind, this product was really not well designed. I had a similar problem to another reviewer as I was attempting to wear it underneath my clothing and there are sharp and pointed pieces of the brace that immediately dug into my sides and back like a medieval torture device.  Also, the placement of the Velcro (hook and loop) attachment system is located in a way that it ends up against the skin, it almost felt as the product was constructed inside out if that makes sense. The only way I could even wear this leftover tool from the Spanish inquisition was outside of my clothing…which is great for scaring kids and in general a good way of keeping people away from you if you were feeling overly attractive.

I’ve been sitting at a desk for over 20 years and I had hoped this would provide some needed support and relief but am just finding a very difficult time to say anything positive about this device.  I found the brace bulky and also had a habit of slowly creeping upwards without hardly any movement, even just walking around the house or sitting at my desk. While I appreciate the innovation attempt to have an integrated pouch for an ice pack I really just needed a strictly supportive medical device.

Overall the fit was less than ideal, I am a 6’ 1” male ~180lbs in my 40’s, certainly not in my prime but then again anybody in their prime probably doesn’t need this device.  The snugness is solely set by two pull tabs to support your lumbar and thoracic spines areas (one for the upper and one for the lower). I have not had the product long and already the strings appear to be fraying and should one fail the product would be useless. For the price I expected way more in consistency and quality.

Amazon Product Link: Aspen QuikDraw PRO Medical Grade Back Brace for Lower Back Pain Relief